Google Hangouts NPAPI Plug-In Won’t Install
Google Hangouts is the new Skype and the only thing stopping many of us from utilizing it is the initial set-up. We have noticed a common theme in Google related emails with the subject of “Google Hangouts NPAPI plug-In won’t install” and decided to post about this. If you have run into a problem with installation, below are the steps to take if the NPAPI plug-in won’t install in Google Hangouts.
If you have been receiving a message asking you to re-install the “NPAPI” plug-in with Google Hangouts, or if you are just having a hard time installing the plug-in, follow these troubleshooting steps to fix it. Keep in mind that this may also simply be a configuration problem.
1. Check to make sure the Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator and Google Talk NPAPI Plug-in are enabled. If you’re using Chrome you can type ‘about:plugins’ in your browser to display your plug-ins.
2. Make sure you’re not using Internet Explorer 64-bit (this is a browser version that is 64 bit as opposed to 32 bit).
3. Ensure that you don’t have any “click to run” extensions enabled.
If you’re still experiencing this issue after checking your configuration you can follow these steps:
4. Refresh the browser page.
5. Close any running Google Talk plug-in processes.
6. Close all open and running browser processes.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Uninstall and then reinstall the plug-in.
9. Try a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
If you are still receiving an error message, try the troubleshooting methods from the graphic below before posting “Google Hangouts NPAPI plug-in won’t install” to an ‘answers’ forum.
If neither of these methods seems to work feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If followed correctly you should now have access to Google Hangouts. Enjoy!
Marketing Director at Bizvmobi